New Moon Challenges: The Quotes
Two Claims Per Quote
Prompts that have one claim and still can have a second claim
Prompts that have been taken by two participants and are unable to be claimed again.
These quotes were all taken from movies, books and musicals. You do not have to use the quote in the fic, but you are more than welcome to. They're merely a jumping off point.
- "Chalk it all up to experience. They said I'd fail, but I disagree. Who could say then where my path would lead? Well, now I know." -- Legally Blonde the Musical
- "Is it the wind there over my shoulder? Is it your voice calling quietly? Over the hilltop, down in the valley... Never alone for you walk with me." -- Full Monty: The Musical
- "Kiss me too fiercely, hold me too tight. I need help believing you're with me tonight. My wildest dreamings could not forsee: lying beside you with you wanting me." -- Wicked
- "Night time sharpens, heighens each sensation. Darkness stirs and wakes imagination. Silently the senses abandon their defenses..." -- The Phantom of the Opera
- "I know I should go, but I follow you like a man possessed. There's a traitor here beneath my breast and it hurts me more than you've ever guessed. If my heart could beat, it would break my chest, but I can see you're unimpressed. So leave me be and let me rest in peace." -- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- "I don't need your sympathy. There's nothing you can say or do for me. And I don't want a miracle, you'll never change for no one." -- "Strong Enough" by Cher
- "At first I was afraid, I was pertrified. Kept thinking I could never live without you by my side. But then I spent so many nights thinking how you did me wrong and I grew strong and I learned how to get along!" -- "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor
- "How you turned my world, you precious thing. You starve and near exhaust me. Everything I've done, I've done for you. I move the stars for no one." -- "Within You" by David Bowie
- "Two hearts fading, like a flower. And all this waiting, for the power. For some answer, to this fire. Sinking slowly. The water's higher. Desire." -- "Desire" by Ryan Adams
- "Somebody's going to emergency, somebody's going to jail." -- "New York Minute" by Don Henley
- "I want to be by myself, sometimes I do. I don't want to be left behind, but sometimes I'm left by you. I press my tongue to the top of my mouth 'cause my jaw, was tired from the thinking." -- "Alone" by Lisa Loeb
- "I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice. But still, the world you live in is that much more drab and empty now that they are gone. I guess I just miss my friend." -- The Shawshank Redemption
- "Kiss me. Kiss me as if it were the last time." -- Casablanca
- "That old saying, how you always hurt the one you love, well, it works both ways." -- Fight Club
- "And as I moved across that yard towards them and offered myself to them, then for the first time I had a simple and genuine sense of home-coming. Then for the first time there was no atrophying terror; and the maddening questions were silent. At long last I was renouncing chance." -- Faith Healer by Brian Friel
- "If our affection be tried, our affections are our consolation and comfort; and memory, however sad, is the best and purest link between this world and a better." -- Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens
- "I hope that real love and truth are stronger in the end than any evil or misfortune in the world." -- David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
- "Without, the sun shines bright and the birds are singing amid the ivy on the drooping beechese. Their choice is made, and they turn away hand-in-hand, with their backs to the darkness and their faces to the light." -- The White Company by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- "The sound of a kiss is not so loud as that of a cannon, but its echo lasts a deal longer." -- The Professor at the Breakfast Table by Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
- "An empty house is like a stray dog or a body from which life has departed." -- The Way of All Flesh by Sameul Butler
- "The love that is never to be realized will often remain a man's guiding ideal." -- Captain Blood by Rafael Sabatini
- "How is it that the poets have said so many fine things about our first love, so few about our later love? Are their first poems their best? Or are not those the best which come from their fuller thought, their larger experience, their deeper-rooted affections?" -- Adam Bede by George Elliot
- "I had not intended to love him; the reader knows I had wrought hard to extirpate from my soul the germs of love there detected; and now, at the first renewed view of him, they spontaneously revived green and strong! He made me love him without looking at me." -- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- "I can resist everything except temptation." -- Lady Windermere's Fan by Oscar Wilde
- "One by one, they were all becoming shades. Better pass boldly into that other world, in the full glory of some passion, than fade and wither dismally with age." -- Ulysses by James Joyce
Full Moon Challenges: The Remix
One Claim Per Fic/Art
Visit the Masterlist for all prompt choices in the Remix!
All claimed remix fics/arts will be posted here when they've been claimed!
|As much as I'd like to, I don't own Sirius, Remus or any other character in the Harry Potter universe. All characters, places, and specific tradmarked items are copyright to JK Rowling, and various publishers including but not limited to Bloomsbury Books, Scholastic Books and Raincoast Books, and Warner Bros., Inc. No money is being made and no copyright or trademark infringement is intended.
Layout art is copyright to (from left to right) Mushi, Kristin, Linnpuzzle and Ponderosa.
Remember, you must be eighteen or of legal age in your country to view this site or participate in the FQF.