Participants | Submit a Work | Archive | Rules | FAQs | Links
Yeah, we had to have a few rules here... so it isn't total anarchy. There aren't many, and most ARE common sense, but a fair number of people lack that, so here are the rules stated so that there's NO confusion whatsoever.
1. In General. Please remember that this IS a Fuh-Q-Fest. And, while some stories may not be of the R or NC-17 variety, most will. Therefore, if you aren't legal in your country, please leave here NOW. The last thing we need is a lawsuit on our hands.
2. Betas. Please, for the love of all things sacred, use a beta or, at the very least use the spell checker that so nicely comes with your computer. It's there for a reason, so use it. Along with that, any submissions containing netspeak (IE- OMG, WTF, LOL, etc) or any other strange acronymns (like TTYL, cya, etc) will not be accepted and WILL be returned to you. It makes our eyes cross and that's not a good thing. So, don't do it and all parties will be happy.
3. Ratings. There's no limit to what you can write about. If it doesn't squick you, write it. HOWEVER, any stories that contain extreme violence BDSM, bloodplay, rape, bestiality and non-con MUST have a WARNING and an NC-17 rating. I don't care if you write it, but some people don't want to read it. The warning lets them skip over it if they don't want to read it.
4. Use a beta.
5. Challenges. If you chose to have a challenge assigned to you, and you don't like it, you have one week to find another participant to change with. A list of participants will be on the main page and you can contact them from there. After that, you're stuck with it (unless you can sweet talk me into letting you switch, which is entirely possible).
Along with the challenges, please do not claim something to say you're involved with the fest and then never write your fic or draw your art. I don't want to chase people and it makes me a very not happy mod.
6. Use a bloody beta.
7. Posting. I myself am a fandom writer so, I too am subject to this (and all the rules as well). Please, do not choose a challenge because you have a fic already done (or in the works) that would fit a certain challenge. The whole point of the FQF is to get new fanfiction out there. Therefore previously written stories are NOT eligible. Also, until the FQF ends, please do not post your fics anywhere. After it ends, submit it to whatever archives you want... it IS your own work afterall.
8. Please, use a beta.
9. It's all about the puppies. As this is called the Sirius/Remus FQF for a reason, as stated on the main page, all fics must in some way contain the pairing of Sirius/Remus. Of course, a pairing such as Moony/Sirius (if that's what rocks your boat) is accepted too. Just don't submit a Sirius/Snape and ONLY a Sirius/Snape story to the FQF and all will be happy.
10. For the love of all things holy (can you tell this is my favourite rule?) use a bloody beta.
|As much as I'd like to, I don't own Sirius, Remus or any other character in the Harry Potter universe. All characters, places, and specific tradmarked items are copyright to JK Rowling, and various publishers including but not limited to Bloomsbury Books, Scholastic Books and Raincoast Books, and Warner Bros., Inc. No money is being made and no copyright or trademark infringement is intended. Layout art is copyright to Ponderosa. Remember, you must be eighteen or of legal age in your country to view this site or participate in the FQF.|